GILLES DELEUZE AND FELIX GUATTARI: REFRAINS OF FREEDOM
SUBMIT YOUR PAPERS!
“Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari: Refrains of Freedom,” an international conference to be held in Athens, is now accepting submissions.
Deadline for submissions is November 1, 2014.
Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari: Refrains of Freedom
24-26 April, 2015, Panteion University, Athens, Greece.
We invite abstracts for papers and panel discussions on all aspects of Deleuze and Guattari’s work, and we particularly welcome contributions attempting to elucidate the meaning of Deleuze and Guattari’s claim that “pluralism equals monism” as well as its significance for a number of issues central to their writings:
* What are the implications of this claim for ontology, epistemology, ethics, politics, language and the arts?
* Given that Deleuze is talking about absolute difference (A differs from itself) rather than comparative differenc (A differs from B), can we still speak of subjects and objects and transformative change?
* Deleuze and Guattari’s philosophy of difference in the face of multiculturalism, identity politics and cultural traditions.
* Between the fixity of cultural traditions and their nihilist rejection.
* Forcefields and extended spaces.
* Repetition as the maker of difference.
* “Autrement qu’ être/Autrement qu’ autre.”
* Memory, heterogeneity, the friend, the one thousand tiny sexes.
* “Pluralism equals monism” and literature.
* “Pluralism equals monism” and the arts (visual arts, music, cinema, theater, dance, new and multi-disciplinary art forms, art-science-technology and society in a technological age).
* Pluralism equals monism” and the people to come.
Abstracts of papers and panels can be written in English, French or Greek, and must not exceed 500 words.
Submissions can be in .doc, .docx, .rtf or .pdf format and must include title, author’s name, institutional affiliation and contact information. The reading available for paper presentations is 30 minutes.
Panel abstracts must include a brief description of the panel as a whole and summaries of the individual papers. They must also include the title of the panel, the titles of the papers, the names of the participants, institutional affiliations and contact information. The length of the panel must not exceed 120 minutes (discussion included). Submissions will be made through the Easy Chair webside, which requires that the person submitting an abstract should create a simple account with Easy Chair.
Instructions on how to use the programme may be found by visiting:
Submission deadline: November 1, 2014.
Νοtification of decision: January 15, 2015.<
For further information, please, see the conference website:
http://deleuzeandguattariathens2015.blogspot.gr/p/about.html or contact Constantin Boundas (email@example.com), Iannis Zannos (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dana Papachristou (email@example.com).
‘Human Herbs’ – a song by Cold Hands & Quarter Moon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-vyMtfDAs
Posted here by Glenn Rikowski
Glenn Rikowski @ Academia: http://independent.academia.edu/GlennRikowski
Glenn Rikowski @ ResearchGate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Glenn_Rikowski?ev=hdr_xprf
Online Publications at The Flow of Ideas: http://www.flowideas.co.uk/?page=pub&sub=Online%20Publications%20Glenn%20Rikowski
The Flow of Ideas: http://www.flowideas.co.uk