CALL FOR PAPERS
PhaenEx: Journal of Existential and Phenomenological Theory and Culture
PhaenEx is seeking contributions for its next special topics issue on Becoming Ecofeminisms. Ecofeminism has many versions and genealogies. In the context of new kinds of environmental crises, imaginaries, and discourses, how might we rethink and reinvigorate ecofeminisms— telling alternative genealogies of this movement (sometimes considered outdated and essentialist), highlighting current practices, and envisioning its bold futures. We are interested in ecofeminisms in both theory and practice.
Proposals and papers related (but not limited) to the following are welcome:
- Ecofeminist intersections with current discourse and practice in queer, anti-colonial, anti-racist, critical disability, and critical animal studies
- Genealogies of and differences within ecofeminisms
- Critiques of ecofeminism / Ecofeminist critique
- Contemporary revival of ecofeminist approaches
- Links or tension between ecofeminism and posthumanism, new materialism, object-oriented ontologies, speculative realism, etc.
- Ecofeminist reappraisal of relationships, affects, and communities (anarchist praxis, solidarity-based movements, grassroots initiatives, transformative justice, etc.)
- Ecofeminism in relation to creative practices including eco-art, bio-art,ecopoetics, cli-fi, etc.
- Ecofeminist engagements with the anthropocene, deep time, resilience, the geological turn, the oceanic turn, re-wilding, green futures, or other salient contemporary concepts.
Deadline for submissions: 1st August 2015.
All papers will be peer-reviewed.
‘Human Herbs’ – a song by Cold Hands & Quarter Moon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-vyMtfDAs
Posted here by Glenn Rikowski
Glenn Rikowski @ Academia: http://independent.academia.edu/GlennRikowski
Glenn Rikowski @ ResearchGate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Glenn_Rikowski?ev=hdr_xprf
Online Publications at The Flow of Ideas: http://www.flowideas.co.uk/?page=pub&sub=Online%20Publications%20Glenn%20Rikowski
The Flow of Ideas: http://www.flowideas.co.uk