Education and Economy
IIRE ECONOMY SEMINAR 2014
International Institute for Research and Education
List of sessions and documents for discussion
1. Rate of profit, overaccumulation and indebtedness: the causes of the crisis
Michael Roberts, Slideshow
Michael Roberts, “Tendencies, triggers and tulips” (Paper)
Michael Roberts, “Tendencies, triggers and tulips” (Blog post reporting on the seminar)”
2. The power of financial capital and its links with productive capital.
François Chesnais, Slideshow
François Chesnais, “The power of financial capital and its links with productive capital”
3. The strategies of the ruling class and the “austeritarian” program in Europe
Cedric Durand, Slideshow: “Struggles from above: The strategies of the ruling class and the ‘austeritarian’ program in Europe”
4. How to confront financial power. The debate around debt annulations and euro-exit.
Ozlem Onaram, Slideshow
Özlem Onaran, “An internationalist transitional program towards an anti-capitalist Europe: A Reply To Costas Lapavitsas”
What to do about the debt and the euro? A Manifesto
5. Crisis, development and new models in Latin America
Claudio Katz, Slideshow
Claudio Katz, “Lecture: Crisis, development and new models in Latin America”
Claudio Katz, Dualities of Latin America, Part I
Claudio Katz, Dualidades de América Latina, I, II y III
6. Strength and fragility of the new emerging economies: a disconnection of the center and the periphery? The case of Brazil.
Rosa Marques, Slide show
Rosa Marques “Fictitious Capital and Foreign Capital in Brazil” Rosa Maria Marques and Paulo Nakatani
7. The case of China: a changing role in the world economy.
Ricardo Molero, Slideshow
Ricardo Molero, “Karl Polanyi in Beijin”
“Control of Agricultural Prices, Rural-Urban Migration and Primary Distribution: Reasons behind Inequality in China, 1978-2007”
8. The world car industry in the crisis.
Jean-Claude Vessilier, Slideshow
Jean-Claude Vessilier, “Globalization automobile industry in 2013” (abstract)
Jean-Claude Vessilier, “La mondialisation de l´industrie automobile en 2013”
9. Considering the main tendencies of the capitalism in the crisis: what can we say of a post-crisis capitalism?
Michel Husson, “A long lasting chaos”
Daniel Tanuro, “Transition énergétique et alternative anticapitaliste” (Slideshow)
10. Which emergency program for an anticapitalist exit of the crisis? What do we stand for?
Eric Toussaint, “Europe Emergency programme for the crisis”
11. Other documents
Henri Wilno, “Some questions about the crisis”
Henri Wilno, “Quelques questions sur la crise”
Henri Wilno “Sur l´union européenne et la sortie de l´euro”
Jørgen C-J., “The time constants of capitalism”, Appendix
‘Cheerful Sin’ – a song by Victor Rikowski: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIbX5aKUjO8
Posted here by Glenn Rikowski
Glenn Rikowski at Academia: https://independent.academia.edu/GlennRikowski
The Flow of Ideas: http://www.flowideas.co.uk
Online Publications at: http://www.flowideas.co.uk/?page=pub&sub=Online%20Publications%20Glenn%20Rikowski
Glenn Rikowski on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/glenn.rikowski