THIRD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PSYCHOLOGY, COUNSELLING AND GUIDANCE – WCPCG 2012
09-12 May 2012
Sürmeli Hotel, Ephesus–Izmir, Turkey
Click onto the Third World Conference on Psychology, Counselling and Guidance
Abstract submissions due: December 20, 2011
We have a special agreement with the Hotel for World Conference on Psychology, Counselling & Guidance participants only. The all inclusive room rate (per person); triple 45 Euro, Double 55 Euro and single 86 Euros.
For more information please visit the conference official web site: www.wcpcg.org/accomodation.htm.
If you make at least three nights hotel reservation, then the historical places tour is free for you in 11 or 12 May 2012 (EphesusAncientCity, House of Virgin Mary, Artemis Temple Basilica of St Johnand around). For more information www.wcpcg.org/tours.htm
IN COLLABORATION WITH
· QueenslandUniversityof Technology
· Near Eastuniversity
· Ankara University
· Elsevier Publication LTD.
· Thomson Reuters
The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to; the following major areas as they relate to Psychology, Counselling and Guidance: Clinical Psychology; Developmental Psychology; Social Psychology; Experimental Psychology; Industrial and Organization Psychology; Traffic Psychology; Forensic Psychology; Psychometric Psychology; Sports Psychology; Health Psychology; Educational Psychology; Media Psychology; Neuroscience and Psychology; Child and Adolescent Counselling; Adult and Elder Counselling; Family Counselling; School Counselling; Higher Education Counselling; Health Counselling; Crisis and Risk Counselling; Occupational Counselling; Industrial Counselling; Cyber Counselling; Psychology Education and Occupational Issues; Inter-disciplinary approaches to Psychology; Counselling and Guidance; Technology usage in Psychology Counselling and Guidance; Rehabilitation Counselling; Special Education and other related subjects.
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS
All submissions are subject to a peer-review process.
· Full and Short Papers
· Reflection Papers
· Virtual Presentation
· Product/Services Presentations
PUBLICATION OF THE PAPERS
· All accepted papers of the conference will be published in Procedia-Social and Behavioral Journal (ISSN: 1877-0428) by ELSEVIER and will be indexed ScienceDirect, Scopus, and Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI, Web of Science).
· All proposals will be subjected to peer-reviews. Selected papers from the conference will be considered for extended version publication in the supporting journals. The selection rate for publication in supporting journals is 27.3 % at WCPCG-2011.
The draft programme which is below was prepared for you. While you can attend all the programme, if you want, you can have fun with your partner in the see or aqua park. choice is yours. Please note that all meals, soft and alcoholic beverages will be unlimited.
· 07:00-09:00 Breakfast (open buffet)
· 09:00-11:00 Keynotes
· 11:00-11:30 Networking with your colleagues at the Tea Garden (tea, coffee, fruit juices and cakes)
· 11:30-13:00 Parallel Sessions and Workshops
· 13:00-14:00 Lunch (open buffet with unlimited soft and alcoholic beverages)
· 14:00-15:00 Keynotes
· 15:00-16:30 Parallel Sessions and Workshops
· 16:30-17:00 Networking with your colleagues at the Pool Snack Buffet (Turkish doner kebab, hamburger, cheeseburger, hot dog, sandwiches with unlimited soft and alcoholic beverages)
· 17:00-18:00 Parallel Sessions and Workshops
· 18:00-19:00 Networking with your colleagues at the Lobby Bar (unlimited; water, tea, coffees, fruit juices, cakes, wine, vodka, Turkish raki, beer, etc.)
· 19:00-21:00 Dinner (Open buffet with wide variety of foods, unlimited soft and alcoholic beverages: diet buffet, Mediterranean, Turkish, Italian, Latin, fresh fish, sea food, wines, vodkas, Turkish raki, beers, fruit juices, etc.)
· 21:00-23:00 Social Programme (unlimited soft and alcoholic beverages, wide variety of shows and animations, live music, Turkish folk dances, etc.)
· 23:00-24:00 Late dinner
· 23:00-02:00 Disco party
· 01:00-07:00 Early breakfast
· 00:00-24:00 Networking with your colleagues at the Lobby Bar (unlimited; water, tea, coffees, fruit juices, cakes, wine, vodka, Turkish raki, beer, etc.)
DEADLINES & IMPORTANT DATES
· Abstract Submissions* December 20, 2011
· Full Paper Submissions February 15, 2012
· Early Hotel Reservation March 04, 2012
· Early Registration 03 April, 2012
· Last Hotel Reservation April 30, 2012
· Camera-ready for Elsevier June 01, 2012
· Conference Dates May 09-12, 2012
* After the submission date, the authors of abstracts will be notified in four day.
Authors of selected articles are welcomed to submit extended version for publication in regular issues of the following reputed journals, in addition to publication in the conference proceedings. New copyright forms must also be signed and delivered to the appropriate journal.
The journals that has been confirmed so far (further replies are expected in following days)
· Journal of Applied Psychology (Indexed in SSCI)
· British Journal of Psychology (Indexed in SSCI)
· British Journal of Developmental Psychology (Indexed in SSCI)
· British Journal of Health Psychology (Indexed in SSCI)
· Work & Stress Journal (Indexed in SSCI)
· Australian Journal of Guidance and Counselling (Indexed in SSCI)
· Educational Technology Research & Development (Indexed in SSCI)
· AsiaPacific Education Review, (Indexed in SSCI)
· South African Journal of Psychology, (Indexed in SSCI)
· Perspectives in Education (Indexed in SSCI)
· Cypriot Journal of Educational Sciences
· International Journal of Human Sciences
· International Electronic Journal of Elementary Education
Due to the large number of papers expected for this conference, the committee only allows an author to present two papers. The abstracts can be one-page long (200-300 words). The abstract include Problem Statement, Purpose of Study, Methods, Findings and Results, and Conclusions and Recommendations (These elements may need some adaptation in the case of discussion papers: Background, Purpose of Study, Sources of Evidence, Main Argument, and Conclusions). Please note that some elements are optional in abstracts.
Researchers who are unable to resolve the funding issue concerning the conference expenses will be provided with an alternative approach for participation, namely, Virtual Online Presentation. Those who would like to make their presentations online from their home countries will also be awarded with a certificate and their papers will be considered for publications similar to other participants as if they were present physically. Those who would like to make use of the Virtual Online Presentation facility will be requested to send their virtual posters or other soft copy materials such as power point presentations to the secretariat. In addition, these participants who would prefer to make use of the Virtual Online Presentation facility may also contribute to the conference through video conferencing.
Summer is hot, and winter is mild and rainy in Ephesus. Nearly 300 days of the year is sunny and one can swim from April to November. InEphesusin day time, the average weather at the end of the May is high 37°C and low 25.1°C.
TRAVEL AND VISA
The direct and regular flights are available to Izmir from most of the countries of the world in April. You can find concerned flight companies’ names from the web-site of International Adnan Menderes Izmir Airport (ADB). Some countries citizens will need a visa forTurkey which can be easily obtained directly from the immigration office in Airport. Please visit Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs guide for visa information
Posted here by Glenn Rikowski
The Flow of Ideas: http://www.flowideas.co.uk
MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/glennrikowski
The Ockress: http://www.theockress.com
Rikowski Point: http://rikowskipoint.blogspot.com
Online Publications at: http://www.flowideas.co.uk/?page=pub&sub=Online%20Publications%20Glenn%20Rikowski
Glenn Rikowski on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/glenn.rikowski